Agalma okenii Siphonophorae
Agalma okenii is commonly referred to as Siphonophorae. Difficulty in the aquarium: Not suitable for home aquaria!.
- Agalma okenii
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Cnidaria (Phylum) > Hydrozoa (Class) > Siphonophorae (Order) > Agalmatidae (Family) > Agalma (Genus) > okenii (Species)
- Initial determination:
- Eschscholtz, 1825
- Belize, Bermuda, cosmopolitan species, Gulf of Mexico, Indian Ocean, Indonesia, New Zealand, North Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, South Atlantic, Sulawesi, the Caribbean, the Mediterranean Sea
- Sea depth:
- 3 - 5398 Meter
- 3.94" - 19.69" (10cm - 50cm)
- 35.6 °F - 78.8 °F (2°C - 26°C)
- Small Sharks, Zooplankton
- Not suitable for home aquaria!
- Not evaluated
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2017-01-07 16:33:43
- 2017-01-07 16:58:31
Agalma okenii Eschscholtz, 1825
The nematocysts (stinging cells) of the transparent siphonophore Agalma okenii resemble small copepods, such as to lure prey.
This species is a deep sea siphonophore.
Biota > Animalia (Kingdom) > Cnidaria (Phylum) > Hydrozoa (Class) > Hydroidolina (Subclass) > Siphonophorae (Order) > Physonectae (Suborder) > Agalmatidae (Family) > Agalma (Genus) > Agalma okenii (Species)
Husbandry know-how of owners
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.