Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
- Metapenaeopsis aegyptia
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Arthropoda (Phylum) > Malacostraca (Class) > Decapoda (Order) > Penaeidae (Family) > Metapenaeopsis (Genus) > aegyptia (Species)
- Initial determination:
- Galil & Golani, 1990
- (the) Maldives, European Coasts, Indo Pacific, Israel, Japan, Madagascar, New Caledonia, North Atlantic Ocean, Red Sea, Sri Lanka, the Mediterranean Sea, the Seychelles, Western Pacific Ocean
- Sea depth:
- 13 - 61 Meter
- up to 3.15" (8,5 cm)
- 73.4 °F - 78.8 °F (23°C - 26°C)
- No reliable information available
- There are no reports available yet that this animal has already been kept in captivity successfully
- Red List:
- Not evaluated (NE)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- More related species
in this lexicon:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2017-03-31 20:08:39
- 2017-04-01 08:05:25
Metapenaeopsis aegyptia Galil & Golani, 1990
The body is cream, irregularly mottled with orange-red. Metapenaeopsis aegyptia can be found on sandy and mud bottom.
Poorly known about this penaeid prawns.
Metapenaeopsis judaensis Por, 1989
Biota > Animalia (Kingdom) > Arthropoda (Phylum) > Crustacea (Subphylum) > Multicrustacea (Superclass) > Malacostraca (Class) > Eumalacostraca (Subclass) > Eucarida (Superorder) > Decapoda (Order) > Dendrobranchiata (Suborder) > Penaeoidea (Superfamily) > Penaeidae (Family) > Metapenaeopsis (Genus) > Metapenaeopsis aegyptia (Species)
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips
from our users available
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.