Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
- Boninastrea boninensis
- Großpolypige Steinkoralle
- Merulina Coral
- Stony Corals LPS
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Cnidaria (Phylum) > Anthozoa (Class) > Scleractinia (Order) > Merulinidae (Family) > Boninastrea (Genus) > boninensis (Species)
- Initial determination:
- Yabe & Sugiyama, 1935
- Flores, Guam, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Micronesia, Northern Mariana Islands, Ogasawara Islands, Palau, Philippines, Taiwan, The Ryukyu Islands
- Sea depth:
- 0 - 30 Meter
- - 82.4 °F (°C - 28°C)
- Dissolved inorganic substances) f.e.NaCL,CA, Mag, K, I.P, Dissolved organic substances, Zooxanthellae / Light
- There are no reports available yet that this animal has already been kept in captivity successfully
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Appendix II ((commercial trade possible after a safety assessment by the exporting country))
- Red List:
- Data deficient (DD)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2017-09-21 09:29:50
- 2017-09-21 09:49:38
Yabe & Sugiyama, 1935
From "J.E.N." Charlie Veron´s Corals of the World
Characters: Colonies are massive with short, highly contorted valleys. Septa have well developed teeth. There are no columellae.
Similar Species: Superficially resembles Platygyra contorta and Montigyra kenti.
Habitat: Shallow reef backs.
Abundance: Extremely rare.
Taxonomic Note: Type species of Boninastrea Yabe and Sugiyama, 1935. Very distinct species, but it is little known. Concerted efforts to find it in the Coral Triangle have not been successful.
Taxonomic References: Best and Suharsono (1991); Veron (2000a); Huang, Benzoni, Fukami et al. (2014);
Identification Guides: Nishihira and Veron (1995)"
Classification: Biota > Animalia (Kingdom) > Cnidaria (Phylum) > Anthozoa (Class) > Hexacorallia (Subclass) > Scleractinia (Order) > Merulinidae (Family) > Boninastrea (Genus) > Boninastrea boninensis (Species)
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips
from our users available