Lophozozymus pictor is (very) poisonous and the poison can kill you under circumstances!!!
If you want to keep Lophozozymus pictor, inform yourself about the poison and its effects before buying. Keep a note with the telephone number of the poison emergency call and all necessary information about the animal next to your aquarium so that you can be helped quickly in an emergency.
The telephone numbers of the poison emergency call can be found here:
Overview Worldwide: eapcct.org
This message appears for poisonous, very poisonous and also animals whose poison can kill you immediately. Every human reacts differently to poisons. Please therefore weigh the risk for yourself AND your environment very carefully, and never act lightly!
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Lophozozymus pictor (Fabricius, 1798)
Lophozozymus pictor is known to be one of the most poisonous crabs in the world. There are several documented deaths caused by eating this crab. Its neurotoxin does not get denatured by heat even when cooked. It acquires the poisonous neurotoxin from its food, including a poisonous sea cucumber. Inhabits littoral and sublittoral areas with rocky and coral rubble substrates, and coral reefs.
Alpheus pictor Weber, 1795 (nomen nudum)
Cancer lactatus Linnaeus, 1758 (nomen oblitum)
Cancer pictor Fabricius, 1798
Cancer rhumphii Guérin, 1830
Cancer saxatilis Herbst, 1785
Xantho octodentatus H. Milne Edwards, 1834