Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
- Saurida gracilis
- Graziler-Eidechsenfisch, Marmorierter Eidechsenfisch
- Blotchy Lizardfish, Graceful Lizardfish, Gracile Lizardfish, Gracile Saury , Slender Grinner, Slender Lizardfish , Slender Saury
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Actinopterygii (Class) > Aulopiformes (Order) > Synodontidae (Family) > Saurida (Genus) > gracilis (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Quoy & Gaimard, ), 1824
- Sudan, (the) Maldives, American Samoa, Australia, China, Christmas Islands, Comores, Cook Islands, East Africa, Egypt, French Polynesia, Great Barrier Reef, Guam, Hawaii, India, Indian Ocean, Indonesia, Japan, Johnston Atoll, Jordan, Kenya, Komodo (Komodo Island), Lembeh Strait, Lord Howe Island, Madagascar, Marquesas Islands, Marschall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Midway Islands, Moluccas, Mozambique, Myanmar, New Caledonia, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Raja Amat, Rapa, Red Sea, Réunion , Samoa, Somalia, South-Africa, Sulawesi, Sumatra, Tahiti, Taiwan, Tansania, the Andaman Sea, The Bangai Archipelago, The Chagos Archipelago (the Chagos Islands), the Cocos Islands / Keeling Islands, the Seychelles, Timor, Tonga, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Western Indian Ocean, Yemen
- Sea depth:
- 0 - 135 Meter
- up to 12.6" (32 cm)
- 71.6 °F - 82.4 °F (22°C - 28°C)
- Crustaceans, Fish (little fishes), Predatory, Schrimps
- Not suitable for home aquaria!
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Least concern (LC)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2012-08-19 15:26:58
- 2018-01-12 09:48:49
(Quoy & Gaimard, 1824)
Indo-Pacific: Red Sea and East Africa to the Hawaiian, Marquesan and Ducie islands, north to the Ryukyu and Ogasawara islands, south to the Great Barrier Reef, Lord Howe, and Rapa.
Inhabits sand and silty reefs.
Common in shallow lagoons, reef flats, and sheltered seaward reefs. Feeds on fishes and is active at night.
Caught with artisanal gear.
Saurida gracila (Quoy & Gaimard, 1824) (misspelling)
Saurida gracilata (Quoy & Gaimard, 1824) (misspelling)
Saurus gracilis Quoy & Gaimard, 1824
Saurus minutus Lesueur, 1825
Classification: Biota > Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Vertebrata (Subphylum) > Gnathostomata (Superclass) > Pisces (Superclass) > Actinopteri (Class) > Aulopiformes (Order) > Synodontidae (Family) > Harpadontinae (Subfamily) > Saurida (Genus) > Saurida gracilis (Species)
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips
from our users available
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.