Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
A Tasselled Pipefish, Halicampus brocki, at Dauin, Philippines. Source: Klaus Stiefel / Flickr. License: CC By Attribution-NonCommercial
Uploaded by AndiV.
- Halicampus brocki
- Brocks Seenadel
- Brock's Pipefish, Tasselled Pipefish
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Actinopterygii (Class) > Syngnathiformes (Order) > Syngnathidae (Family) > Halicampus (Genus) > brocki (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Herald, ), 1953
- Australia, Bali, Bismarck Archipelago, Borneo (Kalimantan), Bunaken, China, Coral sea, Great Barrier Reef, Guam, Indonesia, Japan, Java, Lesser Sunda Islands, Malaysia, Marschall Islands, Maumere, Micronesia, Moluccas, New Caledonia, Northern Mariana Islands, Northern Territory (Australia), Ogasawara Islands, Palau, Papua, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Queensland (Australia), Solomon Islands, Sulawesi, Sumatra, Taiwan, The Ryukyu Islands, Vanuatu, Western Australia
- Sea depth:
- 0 - 45 Meter
- up to 4.72" (12 cm)
- 71.6 °F - 80.6 °F (22°C - 27°C)
- Amphipods, Copepods, Crustaceans, Invertebrates, Mysis, Zooplankton
- There are no reports available yet that this animal has already been kept in captivity successfully
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Least concern (LC)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2016-01-15 12:42:25
- 2020-09-17 20:50:51
Halicampus brocki is a whitish to yellowish pipefish with short skin flaps on the body and longer branched filaments in the head.
Some individuals are brown with pale saddles along the back.
This slender, reef-dwelling pipefish is solitary and secretive/cryptic and lives among corals and weeds.
Adult pipefishs occur in lagoon and seaward reefs, at moderate depths from 3 to 45 meters.
Micrognathus brocki Herald, 1953
Micrognathus brocki (Herald, 1953)
Classification: Biota > Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Vertebrata (Subphylum) > Gnathostomata (Superclass) > Pisces (Superclass) > Actinopteri (Class) > Syngnathiformes (Order) > Syngnathidae (Family) > Syngnathinae (Subfamily) > Halicampus (Genus) > Halicampus brocki (Species)
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips
from our users available