Kyphosus cinerascens is (very) poisonous and the poison can kill you under circumstances!!!
If you want to keep Kyphosus cinerascens, inform yourself about the poison and its effects before buying. Keep a note with the telephone number of the poison emergency call and all necessary information about the animal next to your aquarium so that you can be helped quickly in an emergency.
The telephone numbers of the poison emergency call can be found here:
Overview Worldwide: eapcct.org
This message appears for poisonous, very poisonous and also animals whose poison can kill you immediately. Every human reacts differently to poisons. Please therefore weigh the risk for yourself AND your environment very carefully, and never act lightly!
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Kyphosus cinerascens is found throughout the Indian and Pacific Ocean. They differ from the other Kyphosus species by the shape of their dorsal and anal fin. They are fish with rather unspectacular appearance and color, and are therefore generally is paid little attention. They are really pretty fish which show little fear. On some you can see fine yellow lines or dots allong its rows of scales. The back is darker than the belly.
Kyphosus cinerascens can be encountered in almost all regions of the reef into the lagoons as well as in the free water in front of the reefs, often in large schools. Often, they are under jetties and graze algae from the poles. In the course of the day they usually swim in open water just below the surface, where they hunt for zooplankton. At night they stay mostly singly or in small groups near the bottom.
Kyphosus cinerascens reached an approximate size of 50 cm, is therefore not really suitable for an aquarium.