Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
Copyright Klaus Stiefel, Foto: Basdiot, Central Visayas, Philippinen
Uploaded by AndiV.
Copyright Dr. J. E. Randall, Foto aus Guam
Uploaded by AndiV.
- Ostorhinchus novemfasciatus
- Sevenstriped Cardinalfish
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Actinopterygii (Class) > Perciformes (Order) > Apogonidae (Family) > Ostorhinchus (Genus) > novemfasciatus (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Cuvier, ), 1828
- Hong Kong, Australia, Caroline Island, China, Christmas Islands, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Great Barrier Reef, Guam, Indian Ocean, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Line Islands, Marschall Islands, Micronesia, New Caledonia, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Raja Amat, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Taiwan, the Andaman Sea, The Bangai Archipelago, the Cocos Islands / Keeling Islands, Timor, Tonga
- Sea depth:
- 1 - 4 Meter
- up to 3.94" (10 cm)
- 71.6 °F - 82.4 °F (22°C - 28°C)
- Invertebrates, Zoobenthos, Zooplankton
- There are no reports available yet that this animal has already been kept in captivity successfully
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Not evaluated (NE)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- More related species
in this lexicon:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2015-05-07 14:04:46
- 2018-01-31 19:44:34
Ostorhinchus novemfasciatus is common in reef flats and shallow lagoons to a depth of about 4 meters and is also found in rocky reefs.
The cardinalfish feed on small crustaceans and little fishes like fry in the night (Nocturnal species).
This fishes aer usually in pairs swimming close to shelter.
Apogon novemfasciatus Cuvier, 1828
Lovamia novemfasciata (Cuvier, 1828)
Classification: Biota > Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Vertebrata (Subphylum) > Gnathostomata (Superclass) > Pisces (Superclass) > Actinopteri (Class) > Perciformes (Order) > Percoidei (Suborder) > Apogonidae (Family) > Apogoninae (Subfamily) > Ostorhinchus (Genus) > Ostorhinchus novemfasciatus (Species)
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips
from our users available