Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
- Scarus ferrugineus
- Rusty Parrotfish
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Actinopterygii (Class) > Perciformes (Order) > Scaridae (Family) > Scarus (Genus) > ferrugineus (Species)
- Initial determination:
- Forsskål, 1775
- Vereinigte Arabische Emirate, Djibouti, Kuwait, Hong Kong, Bahrain, China, Egypt, Gulf of Aden, Gulf of Oman / Oman, Jordan, Quatar, Red Sea, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Vietnam, Western Indian Ocean, Yemen
- Sea depth:
- 1 - 60 Meter
- 9.84" - 16.14" (25cm - 41cm)
- 71.6 °F - 82.4 °F (22°C - 28°C)
- Algae, Nori-Algae
- Not suitable for home aquaria!
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Least concern (LC)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2012-11-03 13:47:46
- 2019-11-12 16:15:41
Western Indian Ocean: Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden.
Inhabits protected coral slopes.
Individuals in the terminal phase form harems. Feeds mainly on benthic algae.
Pseudoscarus augustinus Kossmann & Räuber, 1877
Scarus aeruginosus Valenciennes, 1840
Scarus caerulescens Valenciennes, 1840
Scarus coerulescens Valenciennes, 1840
Scarus marshalli Schultz, 1958
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips
from our users available
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.